Important Points to Keep in Mind for Disaster Preparedness
It is important for each and every person, nonetheless the present situation that they are facing right now must be well-versed about disaster preparedness. Make sure that you don’t think that a disaster, whether manmade or natural can’t touch you. We are all prone to experiencing the effects of disasters. It is essential that you are well-versed with a whole heap of disaster preparedness tips so as to make sure that you will be able to survive the worse case scenario. Now, in the compass of this article, we can’t talk about all of the disaster preparedness tips one by one. There are just numerous tips, but then again, we will only discuss a couple of them particularly the most important ones.
1. First of all, the most important tip is to make certain that you and your family has already planned a communication scheme like family disaster plan. This can be done in a number of means, but then again, one of the most essential is to make sure that you have at least one family member or at least a friend who is living far away who can contact all of you in case that you lose contact with one another.
2. Make sure that you are aware of all the routes for emergency evacuation as they pertain to your workplace and community.
3. Be certain that you are knowledgeable as to how to turn off all of the utilities such as electricity, water and especially gas.
4. Make sure to have an emergency survival package or kit in place for each and every member of your family that has at least adequate supplies such as water, food, medications, clothing, blankets and so on that could last to at least 3 days.
5. In addition, make sure that you have a cash on hand because there is a pretty high chance that the ATM will not be working in case that a couple of stores are open.
6. This one must always be an absolute must. Make sure that you spend some of your time to join trainings about CPR techniques and first aids. And it is definitely worth it to allot some of your time to know how to save your life or even the life of another individual.
7. Make certain that you have set a reunion area or a meeting area designated for the members of your household or family to gather at.
8. Make sure that you know and understand that there are certain kinds of disasters that are more disposed to take place in particular locations and areas. As a result, be sure to know what prone to happen in your place.