American Honda provided an outlook on its U.S. automobile business for 2024 during a media briefing with Senior Vice President of Sales, Mamadou Diallo.
“In 2023, we were finally able to meet the pent-up demand for our products with both brands rebounding and American Honda finishing the year up over 30%. We projected a strong recovery, and we achieved that,” said Diallo. “This year we will continue to capitalize on hybrid models and light trucks as we begin sales of our first high volume BEV models. Along with a continued investment in our ICE products, we are anticipating increased annual sales for both Honda and Acura in 2024.”
2024 Automobile Sales
- American Honda auto sales finished 2023 at 1.3M units in sales, up 33% year-over-year as production stabilized and logistics challenges eased.
- Moving into 2024, the Honda brand is expected to realize sales of up to 1.3 million units and the Acura brand will aim for 150,000 units. This will mean a sales increase for American Honda ranging from 10-15% compared to 2023.
- American Honda is entering 2024 with strong inventory of both cars and trucks, maintaining a strong position to continue the sales momentum into 2024.
- The Honda CR-V hybrid was the best-selling hybrid vehicle in the U.S.—from any segment—in 2023. Sales volume exceeded expectations, reaching 197,317 for the year.
2024 Product Cadence
American Honda continues to execute a step-by-step smart electrification strategy with an increase in hybrid volume and the introduction of its first high volume electric vehicles.
“In 2024, we will initiate sales of three zero emissions vehicles that will help the company realize its goals of 100% zero emissions vehicle sales by 2040 and ultimately our goal of carbon neutrality by 2050,” said Diallo.
- Acura will begin sales of